The Brand Guild is looking to hire a Vice President of Marketing in the Washington DC office. The VP of Marketing will lead and oversee the entire marketing department at the firm. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 12 years of experience working in a similar agency environment.
The marketing team within The Brand Guild manages strategy, development and implementation of brand initiatives for B2C clients across many different industries. The team operates within the functional areas of traditional and digital advertising, thought leadership, social influencers, sponsorships and partnerships and events. Most importantly, you will be responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships.
As a senior leader within the agency, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for the relationships and brand growth for a specific group of clients. The VP of Marketing is also involved in thought leadership and new business efforts for the agency, and mentoring of staff members. Reporting to the CEO, it is essential that this candidate possesses a strong passion to help grow and innovate both the agency and the brands it represents. High energy and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to driving brand strategy for the firm’s national founder-lead, mission-driven brands.
- Work seamlessly with and serve as a leader across departments with an eye towards positive company culture
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships
- Keeping agency leadership informed of client challenges and opportunities
- Partnering in the development highly impactful brand strategies and roadmaps
- Participate actively in new business initiatives including planning and pitch presentations
- Conceptualize, develop and execute exciting results-driven integrated marketing campaigns
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships with outside partners and assist clients with external sponsorships and partnerships
- Extensive knowledge of current events, industry news and trends to effectively communicate big ideas and trends to clients
- Ability to foster professional development and motivate direct report(s)
- 12+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role, consumer and lifestyle brands experience strongly preferred
- B.S/B.A in Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred
- Highly resourceful, proactive and creative problem solver with the ability to work in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
- Show strong initiative with ability to self manage and organize daily tasks and long-term planning
- Outstanding communication skills
- Practical experience with on-site event marketing operations and logistics
- Practical experience or interaction with advertising and/or promotional agencies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate such thoughts proactively, efficiently and effectively