The Brand Guild is looking for a talented PR Coordinator to join our growing consumer lifestyle team in our New York (SoHo) office. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced agency environment, who loves the thrill of landing a great pitch every day but also wants to learn how to craft and execute the big stories from start to finish.
Job requirements include 2-4 years of public relations experience showing a path of increasing responsibilities, including the ability to collaborate across teams and the desire to always “figure it out” to get to the best solution.
With offices in Washington, DC and NYC, The Brand Guild is the agency of choice for market makers pushing their way to scale and for market leaders breathing new energy into their organizations. Our Public Relations, Marketing, Creative and Events teams build brand strategies that are creative and customized to get our clients measurable results. We’re a passionate team that relishes competition and goes all in with our clients in order to win.
In addition to an exciting and positive work environment, The Brand Guild offers great benefits package including fully-paid medical, dental and vision care; short and long-term disability, paid vacation, a 401(k) with a match and more.
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media
- Develop compelling pitches and identify proactive media opportunities
- Conduct proactive media outreach, prepare press releases, media briefings, messaging documents, coverage reports and communications plans
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of editorial calendars and proactive pitching of story ideas, news developments and expert sources to media
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with media contacts
- Perform in-depth research to support communications and messaging
- Follow industry and client category trends and regularly share insights, thoughts and key findings
- Analyze, measure and report on communications and media projects
- Provide administrative support for the press team on all relevant projects, including media list maintenance, meeting agendas and notes and reporting
- 2-4 years of public relations agency experience
- Understanding and a love of news
- Ability to find and develop stories and drive visibility — from creating major moments to maintaining a drum beat of ongoing pitches
- Ability to provide essential support for press initiatives including strategic thinking, research and writing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Ability to work alongside the team, from interns to senior staff
- Must be proactive, reliable, resourceful and have a great attention to detail
- AbIlity to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment