The Brand Guild is searching for a creative, driven, strategic individual to join our growing team as our Director of Events. At The Brand Guild, we pride ourselves on conceiving and flawlessly executing the most innovative of events for a roster of high-profile clients across many industries. The ideal candidate is equal parts creative, strategic and detail-oriented, with exemplary management skills and the ability to conceptualize and execute unique events of varying size and scope. We are looking for someone with minimum of 8 years of experience planning and executing events, including creating and executing event plans, managing overall budgets, maintaining excellent client relationships, managing vendor relations and overseeing on-site execution.
The Director of Events will report to the SVP of Events and assist with managing the events team. S/he will be an integral part of our agency, and must be able to collaborate with teams in other disciplines (Marketing, PR, Creative, Finance). As this is a heavily client-facing role, we are looking for someone with exemplary client-management skills.
- Creatively develop and execute signature events including logistics, budget management, on-site coordination, vendor management and post-event analysis
- Assist event managers to ensure budgets are updated and accurate
- Work across The Brand Guild’s teams to ensure that the events team is aligned with overall client goals
- Manage and mentor events team to uncover new opportunities for growth and provide feedback
- Establish a great working relationship with clients, building trust with key stakeholders to stay informed of overall client satisfaction and business changes/developments
- Identify and understand audience development as applicable to client and event needs
- Identify, select, negotiate and oversee contracts with vendors
- 8 years event management experience with hands-on experience producing multi-faceted events (experience in the DC area preferred)
- 3 years experience managing a team and previous experience working with third party clients
- 5 years experience in marketing, forecasting, budget management and planning and executing large-scale, high-quality events. Meeting Planner (CMP) credentials a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and comfort working with a diverse client roster, vendors and event staff personnel
- Creative but strategic thinker with strong decision making skills and an analytical eye
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a high-intensity, fast-paced and deadline oriented environment
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint; experience with SocialTables and/or Photoshop a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required
- Excellent knowledge of the DC Metro area