The Brand Guild is looking for an experienced finance professional to oversee the company’s finances and streamline accounting practices. The Director of Finance will have the unique opportunity to build The Brand Guild’s Finance Department and will work directly with the Co-CEO and Director of Operations to drive efficient internal and external accounting processes. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and the ability to work cross-department in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate The Brand Guild’s existing accounting methods and implement necessary changes for more efficient, well-run system.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Assist Co-CEOs and the Director of Operations in projections and budgetary planning.
- Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist leadership in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Oversee and maintain general ledger and P&L.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and present to leadership on a quarterly basis.
- Serve as the main POC for all accounts receivable and payable.
- Manage accounts receivable by creating and sending all client invoices, monitoring client balance detail and tracking payments received.
- Maintain accounts payable by managing bills and employee expenses, conducting checks runs and tracking transactions.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports and advising leadership on all necessary actions.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in a finance or accounting leadership role, ideally in an agency environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Ability to make strategic financial recommendations to leadership that would maintain and improve the overall health of the company.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures, with proficiency in Quickbooks and all other relevant accounting software.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player.