The Brand Guild is looking for a curious and innovative thinker to serve as a writer and strategist on its growing creative team. This position will report to the Vice President, Creative and work closely with designers, marketers, photographers and social media practitioners in a collaborative environment to bring new brands to life and existing brands to better places.
The tl;dr version is: We’re looking for a smart, fun, creative person who is experienced in crafting brands’ stories, excited by memorable marketing campaigns, and above all else – a super strong writer.
This candidate should enjoy puns, have a keen eye for consistency, and may have a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves on their desk. They should be interested in history and current trends and be able to draw inspiration from the fixtures in an interior design presentation to the vessel carrying their most recent craft cocktail. The candidate should feel comfortable managing copywriting duties on a number of projects simultaneously, and applying a rigorous eye and consistent tone to The Brand Guild’s proposals, presentations and marketing materials. We’re looking for someone to help elevate and refine The Brand Guild’s brand story, as well as someone who can provide guidance to our clients who are looking to do the same.
- Synthesize research, visual elements, and clients’ visions to craft compelling, innovative brand stories
- Quickly understand a client’s business and place in the market, and provide insight and solutions to their challenges
- Lead or organize research efforts and competitor analyses
- Determine positioning, tone and mission for businesses or products
- Identify audiences and develop personas
- Understand marketing analytics and KPIs
- Develop and execute content strategy including email marketing, social media, blog, and website content
- Lead and execute copywriting and proofreading efforts (including proposals, presentations, and internal marketing)
- Experience with various CMSes
- Speak in the language of design and help translate visual ideas into words
- Able to jump between multiple projects, tones, voices and types of writing – from brand pillars to proposals
- 7+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role, consumer and lifestyle brands experience strongly preferred
- B.S/B.A in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications preferred
- Highly resourceful, proactive and creative problem solver with the ability to work in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
- Show strong initiative with ability to self manage and organize daily tasks and long-term planning
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate such thoughts proactively, efficiently and effectively
If you think your a good fit for the role, please submit your résumé and cover letter below (but if the typo in the last sentence didn’t raise at least one eyebrow, maybe don’t).