The Brand Guild is looking for an accountant to join our growing Operations department in Washington, DC. The candidate will work directly with the Co-CEO and Director of Operations on all aspects of the company’s finances as well as help streamline internal and external accounting processes. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with first-in-class organizational skills and the ability to work cross-department in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate existing financial tracking systems and implement any necessary changes for more efficient and well-run accounting practices.
- Oversee and maintain general ledger and P&L.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and present to The Brand Guild principals on a regular basis.
- Serve as the main POC for all accounts receivable and payable.
- Manage accounts receivable by creating and sending all client invoices, monitoring client balance detail and tracking payments received.
- Maintain accounts payable by managing bills and employee expenses, conducting checks runs and tracking transactions.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions.
- Work directly with The Brand Guild’s payroll provider overseeing bi-monthly payroll and notifying them of changes.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports and advising leadership on all necessary actions.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a bookkeeper or accountant. Experience working for an agency a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Ability to perform calculations and analysis used in basic accounting as well as make strategic financial recommendations to leadership that would improve the overall health of the company.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks and all other relevant accounting software.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player.